Monday, July 12, 2010

Kelley Park








On Thursday morning Eleanor, Vincent and I went to Kelley park. We met Christina, Genesis and Titus there. Kelley Park is located just south of Co. Rd. 42 on Galaxy Avenue in Apple Valley. Kelley is obviously new as the trees are very tiny. People show up early in the day/late morning to find themselves a tiny tree to park next to. Otherwise - the park doesn't provide very much shade. What the park does have is one of the largest water pads that I have ever seen at a public park! The water pad has spray rainbows, shooters and bucket dumpers. There is also a nice playground adjacent to the water pad and a very beautiful perennial garden on one side of the park. The park also features two fountains that are seemingly intended for play (as each time I have gone to the park I have seen kids playing in them). However, that is NOT the case (as it states on a sign mounted on the fountain). The first time I visited the park (2 Friday's ago) the ice cream man came and stayed for quite awhile. He had a line most of the time he was at the park. Both visits I have made were swamped with people. Overall, my review of this park is high. I would prefer to see more shady places for people to rest. I also prefer going to parks with less poeple traffic. It is hard to keep an eye on my kids at parks this congested.

No comments:

Post a Comment